Skip to main content

Stories


Jessica Zubrod

I absolutely love Holy Yoga.  There are very few non-negotiable things in my schedule and Holy Yoga is certainly one of them. I always look forward to going, I enjoy it the whole time I’m there and I leave feeling incredibly refreshed in body and soul.  To be still and quiet while having God’s word read over me is a gift.  I leave feeling both physically and spiritually stronger when I leave the practice each week.

Kristin Ryan

I love yoga!  It’s been a class I have taken pretty consistently over the past 5 years, through ups and downs in my fitness and 3 pregnancies.  When I heard about Holy Yoga, I knew I had to try it!  About a year ago, I stepped out of “gym yoga” into Holy.  It brings everything I look for in a class – flexibility, a little strength, relaxation, and calm.  It adds the best element of all – my growing faith!  I began Holy Yoga with Nancy during my 3rd pregnancy.  The class was easily adapted over several months for my growing needs.  It’s suitable for those who have been doing yoga for years and those just beginning; those with exceptional fitness and those looking for something easier.  When things began opening up during the pandemic, my son was 2 months and Holy Yoga was offered outside.  I not only was able to get back into a fitness class and bring my baby with me with no judgement, I was also able to share a faith-based experience we’ve been missing on Sundays for so long.  It brings a reminder of all God provides in joy, gratitude, peace, and hope.  Holy Yoga is a place to leave our struggles to God, find a moment of calm, improve our mindset, and see the movement all of our bodies can achieve!

Danielle Kuhn

Holy yoga is refreshing for the body and soul! I leave feeling refreshed and at peace after moving my body while listening to the worship music, meditating on scripture read and praying to Him in the stillness. Nancy is wonderful at giving verbal cues for proper form/posture, providing modifications and reminding us to give ourselves grace! It’s also an opportunity to connect with other women or invite a friend to join you! 

Lori Frisco

I’ve been on the hunt for a Christ-centered yoga class since 2018, well my search is finally over since I’ve found Nancy! Her classes have been a blessing, both physically and spiritually. Nancy has a quiet and calm spirit which is reflected in her classes. She gently guides us through the different positions, giving alternate moves, and showing us how to use props if needed. She is well educated on muscles, tendons, and ligaments and knows how to help us do moves safely and effectively. She’s mindful that not everyone is at the same level, she reminds us to breathe (which is something I constantly need), and always encourages us to respect our bodies. I look forward to getting back to the “in person” classes, but have really enjoyed the option to participate online, in the comfort of my own home.

Mary Lou Vansant

Let me just say that the classes are full of grace and I am at ease there. I feel free to be new to yoga and learning. And to be where I am. I have tried several other classes and teachers – I love Nancy as a teacher and the grace and safety she provides.  Thank you, Nancy, for sharing your gifts!  

During this pandemic, I have enjoyed the Holy Yoga videos. They are a lifeline!  Sometimes I just put it on while I am cooking and not even on my mat, it helps me to focus, to breathe, to hear awesome worship music and scripture, and to keep my back straight and gut in.  I want to give a huge shout out to Holy Yoga – It is an essential key for me to health and sanity during this difficult time.

Sharon Fetterman

Thank you for sending the scriptures and devotional. They are as beautiful as is the music that is selected for each class. I appreciate the time you take to make our yoga sessions special and meaningful. My body/mind/soul is nourished every Monday morning with your gift that you share with us.

Mark DeWitt Lanyon

Ph.D., CADC, CCDPD, LPC

As a recently retired person, I go to the local Y 4+ times a week but was looking for something additional.  My wife had begun taking Holy Yoga and suggested I consider it.  I have now been attending for about two months.  What I like about this class is the instructor is cognizant that we are not spring chickens and our bodies have, at least in the beginning, some limitations.  Taking this class has helped me become more limber, improved my balance, and improved my overall wellbeing.  Furthermore, it has given me the opportunity to meet new people.  Some people hear the word “yoga” and think of saffron clad monks chanting on a mountain top.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Each week there is a scriptural based topic and the instructor reads scripture selections throughout the class.  Try it out – this just might be the piece missing in your life.

Steve Griffith

I’ve been trying to slow down some and pay more attention to not only how I feel physically but just as important spiritually. Now that I’m in my 60’s, I’ve decided to invest some time in myself with the Holy Yoga class 2 mornings a week.  It makes me feel good and clear minded.

Stacey Angstadt

I’ve enjoyed the physical benefits of yoga off and on for years. But I struggled with the meditative aspect of yoga that was not Christ-centered. What a gift Holy Yoga has been to offer the benefits of both physical and spiritual!  

Linda Adomat

I have been attending Holy Yoga for one year and look forward to coming each week.  In class we engage both physically and spiritually.  The environment is friendly and supportive with all levels represented.  I leave each class physically stronger and more flexible as well as encouraged spiritually.

Yvonne Lincoln

I attended a Holy Yoga class at Willowdale out of curiosity and to accompany my daughter when I was visiting at Christmas time. With too many painful as well as artificial replacement bits to reveal, I sat on a chair to watch… before long I was participating in the movements that proved to be truly valuable and which I exercised parts that I don’t ordinarily get the chance! It was a perfect time of quiet contemplation with careful stretching, balance work and rests that one could attempt both on and with a chair for support. Brilliant!  With an exceptional leader in Nancy – don’t miss out!  Be there!  Spiritually uplifting – it rebalances more than just your body.  I wouldn’t miss the chance of attending the Chair Holy Yoga!

Gwen Schilthuis

I really enjoyed the pre-recorded class you sent.  I’ve done yoga for several years off and on and appreciate the way you explained the movements in detail.  Then… instead of cleansing the mind in mainline yoga, focusing on breathing in the Holy Spirit is beautiful!  

Popular posts from this blog

In-Person Classes

We teach classes in the Kennett  Square campus of Willowdale Chapel and the surrounding Chester County region. If you want to grow in your practice and connect personally, then we have many ways to connect with you. Each class offers a variety of postures, flows, and modifications that will have you leaving class feeling refreshed and transformed.   We would love to invite you to any of our in-person classes. Drop-in rate is a minimum $7-10 donation. For times and dates of in-person classes please email us at highplacesyoga@gmail.com Other Types of Classes Private Private sessions are a perfect way for the instructors to design a class around your needs and level. Come to us, or we will come to you for a private one hour session.  $75 Small Group Small group sessions are a fun way to gather your friends and experience yoga together. The small group session is for up to 8 students and lasts one hour. We include a 30 minute consultation (either by phone or in-person) to discuss ideas for

Instructors

  Nancy Pledger: RDN, C-HYI, Pilates, Weights, Chair Certificates Nancy earned her bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics in 2004 and became a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist (RDN) in 2005. After having two children, she did not return to full-time work as a clinical dietitian but found much joy and purpose in volunteering as a leader in her church, helping friends with nutrition, and leading fitness and nutrition workshops. She was introduced to yoga during this time. In May 2019, Nancy finished her 200 hours of Holy Yoga Instructor Training (C -HYI 200) with Brooke Boon and the Holy Yoga professionals in Arizona. Nancy’s yoga journey began as a stay-at-home mom while serving as coordinator of her MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at Willowdale Chapel. A friend challenged her to combine her passions for fitness and for praying scripture, which directed her to Holy Yoga. Over four years she practiced Holy Yoga as a way to challenge her body in flexibility, strength, and

Our Vision

Ascend with us to High Places as we abide in a Christ-centered yoga practice that empowers wholehearted worship with our breath, mind, and movements in our daily peaks, valleys and everything in-between. Our aim is to encourage and refresh others in their journey toward the High Places of transformation, victory, and union with Christ through the modality of yoga.